I sat here today, making my 300 drops, reading some blogs, and from time to time, watching the snow melt. Snow is pretty, but I don't like the cold that comes with it.
My dog, Lillie (white Boxer), isn't sure WHAT to make of this. She was born and raised in SW Oklahoma, and at nearly 5yrs old, has seen MAYBE 10 days of "cold white stuff" on the ground. She is just not sure about this.
After adopting Lillie from the shelter a few weeks after our move to Oklahoma in 2005, I did some researching of where she'd come from. I found her breeder (ugh! if you want to call them that), I found the abusive jerk who had owned her and had given up on her bad habit (fence jumping), letting her end up at the shelter in the first place. It was not a pleasant journey, and it is one that I will not elaborate on. So there's her back-story, in a nutshell.
ANYWAY, a couple nights ago, as I sat here typing the "mini-novel" post, she wanted to go out, so I went downstairs to let her and Chomper (I didn't name him!) the Great Pyrenees mix, outside. I hadn't realized it was snowing, but there was a good inch or so on the ground at that point.
Lillie came rip-snorting through the dining room and kitchen, making a bee-line for the open door...got airborne and I swear she tried to do a 180 mid-air to avoid that white stuff. She landed on her belly in the snow at the bottom of the steps, and just glared up at me (because it is somehow my fault that the snow fell). She then proceeded to go about her business, trying to hold up as many paws at a time as possible, but we all know that 2 is the maximum before you... yep... land on your side in the snow. (again, glares in my direction)
So now she is being prissy, and will only go out on the area my son cleared with a shovel for her. It is going to be a long winter...
Lillie 0, snow 1
McCafe Compostable Pods - Review
9 years ago


Oh my I totally forgot about Lillie. I'm glad she's doing okay. She's so funny for doing that. I got to make her a prissy tag or something. Just as soon as you send me a picture lol.
ReplyDeleteSo funny. Love your blog.
ReplyDelete